Each year in the United States, the inappropriate use of medication leads to an estimated 10 million avoidable hospital admissions and 4 million emergency room visits. That’s why it’s important to work with a pharmacy that prioritizes safety and helps ensure the proper use of medication.
Grane Rx’s mission is to provide high quality long term care pharmacy services to skilled nursing facilities and for those participating in PACE pharmacy programs. We work to make the process of obtaining medication seamless and easy, while also safe.
From the moment a physician or nurse practitioner prescribes a medication, our team of PharmD’s and other clinicians works to dispense the medication—with your safety and positive outcomes in mind.
We implement safety protocols at each step of the process, integrating a number of different tools and systems, including:
- Electronic prescribing, which allows your doctor to transmit a prescription directly to the pharmacy
- Technology that is used by pharmacists to make sure you aren’t allergic to the medication and that it won’t interact negatively with any of your other medications
- Registered PharmDs who specialize in the specific needs of seniors and are available to help residents or PACE participants understand their medications
- Imaging technology that allows pharmacists to verify that the correct medication is dispensed, checking for things such as color, shape and size of the pill
- Simple, easy-to-use adherence packaging that packages medications together that are taken at the same time
- Clear, understandable instructions on medication labels
- Medication literacy designed to simplify medication labels so that caregivers and members can better understand their medications.